Friday, September 24, 2010

Memorable experience

An experience that was memorable in my childhood was when I won an art contest for the NCAA Final Four basketball tournament. The day that I received the news that I had won the art contest was an odd morning. The day before receiving the good news I was suspended for the act of insubordination and disruption of a school classroom. The next morning while I was doing my siblings choirs as a punishment I received a phone call from my mother. When the phone rang it was like the world had stopped. I right away thought it was my mom telling me that my principle had extended my suspension. Instead my mother in a excited voice informs me that I had won the art contest. Although I was on a suspension but this was one of the happiest moments of my life. I felt like a little kid Christmas morning waking up to a ton of presents under the tree. It seemed as everyone was just so proud of me for wining this art contest that I seriously didn’t think was a big deal. I also I got a lot of new friends seeing that I won tickets for the whole class.
I think this event was so memorable because I was something that I was really interested in which is sports. I got to really see what I was like to play a division 1 sport and to be a coach. I also meet a lot of the players and all of the coaches. I could have easily sold the tickets I had to the final four games but I guess it was a life changing experience that made it so memorable .

1 comment:

  1. HI Josh,

    I need some clarification. Did you win an art contest or is this a contest pertaining to sports. If it is an art contest, how is this relate to sports? Do you see the confusion? If not, why?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete