Thursday, September 2, 2010

Introduction Letter

Hello my name is Joshua Haynes I was born and raised in North St.louis,Mo.. I graduated from Central Visual and Performing Arts High school, with a major in percussion. I have been attending visual and performing arts schools since the 5th grade. In middle school I travel the country playing on a drum line with the Carr lane VPA Spirit Squad .Along with being a great musician I was also a great athlete in school. I played a variety of sports including baseball , basketball ,soccer ,and football. I like to say all of these experiences have made me a well rounded person.


I decided to attend Missouri Western State University because of all the relatives and friends I had attending this university. I also decided to attend Missouri Western because the university offered the degree in which I plan to pursue my carrier in .That field being the Physical Education and Athletic coaching, going on in life to be the best sports coach there has been.

I some times like to read it all depends on what type of reading material it is. I enjoy reading action books ,sports magazines ,and mystery s . These are the only type of books that motivate me to read. My past experience with writing papers has made me grow to dislike writing papers. I think my problem with writing papers is I over think about writing when I should just write them. I also think I dislike writing papers because of the 3 and 4 page teachers assign to students ,but if I plan to progress in school I know I will have work on writing papers.

Some others things you should know about me is that I love all types of music whether it be country to rap or pop. I also enjoy some classical music ,but two of my favorite musicians are Stevie wonder and John Mayer. I also love working with children this is y I work at a summer day camp and plan to be a Physical Education teacher at a public school in St.louis.

1 comment:

  1. HI Josh,

    Thank you for sharing.

    It sounds like you have a passion for sports. Is there a particular age that you would like to coach: MS, HS or college? Unfortunately, I was never much of an athlete, so I could learn something from you :) I played basketball in MS/JH and volleyball for two years in HS. (I wasn't very good)

    Hopefully, we can overcome your dislike for writing papers. Do you remember if there was ever an event or circumstance with a teacher to make you not like it beside page length requirements?

    Ms. Chastain

    ReplyDelete