Thursday, December 2, 2010

Questions for Reflections and Writing

My relationship with books is complex. I am not the person to just pick up not only a book but a piece of literature and begin to read it. There are very few books that catch my attention as reader, and make me want to increase the amount of reading I do. I seek out the book s I like to read if I am in the mood to read that certain type of book. This would be a book of some sort of action or adventure. My parents would always read to my siblings and me as children, and I actually enjoyed reading until reach the sixth grade. This is when I would have to begin reading aloud in front of the entire class. I didn’t start back reading until I reached high school because it was mandatory for some of my classes. Unlike Rodriguez in The Lonely, God Company of Books, I never felt that I had to read books to become more intelligent in the classroom.  Now that I am attending I may find myself doing just as Rodriguez in the essay, trembling while looking at all the books I am expected to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment